Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cabo

Let's talk about Cabo. When you become a parent, at some point it becomes necessary to take a vacation away from the kiddos. Everyone kept telling me how hard it would be leaving the girls for the first time, and how sad I'd be. Apparently almost a year of those sleepless nights, busy days, and lack of "me time" in my crazy twin world added up to the point that I truly NEEDED this vacation, if nothing else to get a couple worry-free, cry-free nights waking up after the sun comes up.
Here we are taking that big step, leaving the girls...just the 2 of us.
We dropped the girls off to Brad's mom and I wondered what we were doing, I'd never been away from them for more than a few hours, why would we leave them, would everything be okay...  I was sad, tears were shed, BUT as soon as we got to the airport and flew down to sunny Mexico I found myself easily distracted from the worries back home and we had a serious blast.
The Zinch founders wanted to celebrate the big sell last year by going on a fun trip with their wives, if it weren't for that I don't think me and Brad would have done it- it pushed us out the door and I'm so glad it did!
The Cabo crew
 The hotel was nice:
We visited Pelican beach & lover's beach, really cool scenery and this is where we snorkeled a little.

We had the most perfect dinner, we went 2 nights in a row- the food was amazing, the ambiance was out of this world, and it wasn't even that expensive!
Even though we were all tired parents we went out for a night on the town, there's lot of love in the clubs of Cabo.
 Not one, but 2 nights we woke up crazy early to go fishing.

 The famous arch


We didn't have lots of luck with fish. The boys were after a marlin,  but we only got a couple lil' ones. We fed most of our live bait to the seals.


Every night we skyped with the girls which was so fun. The one night we missed talking to them and that was a little hard, but it was fine, I knew they were fine and that I was awesome. I was laying on beaches, I was sleeping, I was taco eating.














Speaking of tacos...  I'm pretty sure every taxi driver will recommend you eat here, it's not a mistake. My mouth is watering just thinking about the tacos al pastor and the shrimp tacos.
Sure it was a touristy place, but I was surprised to find a little local feel and we had fun around the town. Good husband, good tres leches, good mexi-trinkets. We also had a spa day which was completely amazing, so amazing that I didn't even think to take one picture.
I think a part of me thought nothing like this would ever happen to me again. Soaking in the sun, listening to my music, not a care in the world... I also never thought I'd remind myself so much of Michael J.

The founder boys. Thank you for creating Zinch, selling it, and deciding to celebrate by taking your wives on an awesome vacation, you all rock.

Adios for now Mexico, we are good amigos now, see you again soon. :)

1 comment:

LL said...

that part about you looking like MJ made me LAUGH.
Good for you getting away, I HATE leaving my kids, can't do it.
Although, I can now that they're older...but it's still not easy. Looks like you enjoyed the time away, looks beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails