Thursday, March 10, 2011

2 weeks

It really is comforting to hear some encouraging words and advise from experienced mothers. I appreciate it. I've survived 2 weeks and hear the first 6 weeks are some of the hardest...so I'm 1/3 of the way through that, right?
Their 2 week appointment went really well, except that it was right when we were supposed to feed them so they were super hungry.
After we got home they suddenly wanted to eat like every hour until we went to bed, I was afraid I wouldn't even be able to eat dinner! Then Lyla was crying like mad in the middle of the night after I fed her- I tried everything, but she took hours to fall asleep. I layed on the floor of the nursery and tried to keep a binkie in her mouth, it was rough. My mother-in-law says those sleepless nights are what bonds you to your children and give you an even deeper love for them. Lyla is making sure I'm very bonded to her... guess what girl? I already am, no need to fuss in the middle of the night! (you think I'd be napping, but we're watching the BYU game)
I've already put these pics of their weigh in all over the internet, but they're too cute, so they're going on my blog too. They both gained 6 oz, (4 13 and 5 3 now)
June
Lyla

3 comments:

wuxiheather said...

You're right. Six weeks. That was when I actually started feeling okay. and it's just gotten better and better from there.

our first night home from the hospital, melia cried from 7 PM to 6 AM. STRAIGHT. and it wasn't just little whining, it was full on bloody murder screaming. the next day we took her to the doctor and found out that she was starving to death--like literally. my milk hadn't come in. so we had to supplement for a day or two but then it came in and she gained a pound in like 3 days! at any rate, i totally understand the stress of the first day home. and they actually say that things like that (if something really stressful happens) it makes the post partum depression set in a lot faster than it otherwise would. however, the nice thing about that is that it also goes away a lot faster too. so that's a plus.

The Lyon Den said...

Ok, so I was blog hopping and found your blog through Allison Merrill's. I am the grand daughter of Marian, who is married to Brads Grandfather. I just wanted to tell you that I have been thinking about you and hope things are going well. Your little girls are adorable and I love the names you have given them.
I wish you luck in the coming weeks as you take on the little people yourself. You have a beautiful family.

Rachel Hagen said...

I always want to leave a comment on the nursing post, but can't seem to...
Lyla and June are two of the cutest little things ever!!! I LOVE June's face as she's getting weighed.

And I felt like that's all I did with Sam (nurse, change and sleep); so I can only imagine what it's like with two!

Way to go, sounds like you're doing awesome!
much love

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails