Wednesday, December 14, 2011

call me mama & nursery pics

So the girls both say "dada" all the time and I haven't been able to get them to attempt mama. Tonight I learned why they never say mama...they know me as Katie apparently.
Brad called for me upstairs and June looked right to the stairs and said "Ka". I came up and she looked at me and said "ka, ka". I laughed and said, "no, I'm mama." Are you going to call us dada & Katie?" And she looked at me and said da, ka. da ka. This is not a joke, really happened, just like that. So...uh...anyone got some advice on teaching babies manners & respect and not referring to their own mother by her first name?! ;)
PS- Lyla had a beaver tooth of sorts come out on top, we're talking an adult sized tooth, it's unreal. I can't imagine what she's going to look like when both of them come down, but shes going to have to start walking to the nickel store and eating lolly pops when it does... She isn't going to look like a baby at all in like 2 weeks- I need to go photo crazy, but it's in the midst of Christmas craziness...so basically baby Lyla is gone, prepare to see my adult-children with full sets of adult teeth shortly.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I have no idea how to teach them to call you Mommy and Daddy, because I think it's really strange when adults refer to each other by those names. Abby called me "bear" for about a year because that's what Geoff calls me. She still calls Geoff "Geoff" most of the time.

I'm so curious to see this tooth! Abby's teeth were (and still are) tiny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails